Tuesday, January 20, 2009

4 Month Check-Up

Alyson had her 4 month check-up today with her pediatrician. She also is thrilled how well Alyson is doing despite all she has been through. Alyson is now 11 pounds 1 ounce and is 24.5 inches tall. Everything went well but we did find out that she has eczema. I was wondering if that is what it was but we were told by her home health nurse that it was probably dry skin because of the dry Utah environment. I am now beginning to wonder if that is why her face is getting so bad lately with the tape on it. But then again....it doesn't help when the tape has to get pulled off too.

Another update that I forgot to put on the last post is that we moved Alyson out of our room. I never had Olivia sleep in our room when we brought her home but for different reasons of course I had Alyson sleeping next to our bed in the port-a-crib because I was paranoid. On 12/27 I had to take the port-a-crib down so the satellite technician could easily move around the TV in our room and decided to give it a try in letting her sleep in her room that night. Obviously it went well because she hasn't been back in our room since. She does great in her room and sleeps all night long.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Ahh...all night long. I will get there sometime, so she doesn't wake up to eat or anything? I shouldn't complain, she is only waking up once to nurse and most of the time goes right back to sleep. I'm glad the checkup went well. I'm glad you blog, I've missed talking to ya!

Ashley said...

Heather, you are so brave! :) I don't know if I will ever get Matthew out of our room... Actually, since we have all moved to the family room, I don't know that we will ever all get out of there! I am so glad to hear that everything is going as planned with Alyson. What a sweet baby!

Mamalissa said...

I have been checking periodically and I'm glad to see that you're back online :) Its great that Alyson is in good health for the surgery. My other friend (whose baby had the surgery) had a rough go of it for awhile. The surgery went well but later other things came up and she ended up back at PCMC. Hopefully her baby is coming home this week though. The doctors can work miracles there!!!