I was pregnant with Alyson and we went to find out what we were having before we left on vacation the next day. We were so excited to learn we were having another girl but this was the start of our knowing of Alyson’s problem. The ultrasound technician said that her right ventricle appeared small but I was only 19 weeks along so another appointment was going to made in a few weeks for Alyson to get bigger (and her heart) so it could be more detailed as to if there was a problem or not. The technician tried to assure me that it could be looking small because she couldn't get a clear picture or could be something like a hole in the heart which could easily be repaired or may not be an issue. I knew deep down that this was not the case and cried quite a few times on vacation (poor Frank and JoAnn's family) because I knew something was wrong. I can be a very impatient person at times so this was very hard for me to have to wait for our next appointment to have another look at her heart to see if something was wrong (or not wrong). I am so grateful that the ultrasound technician was thorough with everything and looking at the heart because if she hadn't been or decided it wasn't an issue we would not have known of Alyson’s problems and that would have turned into other issues when she was born if we were in here and not down at PCMC where she needed to be.
As I have been typing this out I have been getting a little teary eyed…I can’t believe how much Frank and I have gone through in the last year and we actually SURVIVED it! This has only made us a stronger family for sure and we love having Alyson in our family!!!
6 comments:
I also can't believe how much you guys have been through and your so strong! You guys have a great strength! The Lord knows you well and knew this beautiful little girl would have wonderful parents :)
I can't believe it's been a year already! Man how time flies! You have survived the last year and so has sweet little Alyson! Your a wonderful family! I miss you!
I am so proud of both of you. Your little family is quite amazing! Heather, we have to go to the dentist May 4th. It will just be me and Matt but if you're around I'd love to stop in and see you guys. Let me know!
Kami.Woodbury@gmail.com
Love ya!
Frank and Heather...you guys truly are amazing. these little heart babies bring so much fear and terror to their parents...but they also bring such joy. Thank you for reminding me of that. Feb 28th was our one year of knowing anniversary with Ethan. I remember feeling in awe that day that I survived the 52 preceding weeks. I'm so proud of you guys...hang tough...
Amanda
I really can't believe it has been a year....seems like just yesterday we were visiting teaching together. You are always such a strong example to me.
I definitely can believe you survived it. There is not a doubt in my mind that Alyson, with all her problems and the joys she brings into our lives, went to the very family Heavenly Father knew would be best for her. A family that would give her the most love and encouragement and would teach her to keep loving life and to not let problems overcome her dreams, goals, and happiness. And for extra protection, a wonderful, equally full of life, big sister who loves her in a way only big sisters can.
Post a Comment