She is always improving each day and is doing much better eating by bottle. Last night she drank 3 ounces by mouth while she was dead asleep so maybe she needs to be asleep more often when I feed her! :o) Normally I can get her to take a little more than 2 ounces and then she decides she is done but one day at a time. We are still working with her on getting to roll over but I think that it still may hurt her chest a little bit when she lays on it and I think she hates tummy time just like any other baby out there. Once we have that accomplished we will work on sitting up but she may need to pack on a few more pounds in her belly to help prop her up!!! I tried giving her rice cereal last Friday and she didn't like it at all! She gave me a look like 'yucko'! Mentally she is at a 6 month level....physically she is probably at a 3-4 month level because of how much time she was in the hospital and recovering so I think she is doing awesome for what she has been through.
Here are some comparison pictures of Ty and Alyson. Ty will be 6 months old tomorrow. He is just over 20 pounds right now and she is a whopping.....12 pounds!!! :o) It's okay, she'll hold her own when she's older! It was so fun seeing them interact with each other....trying to eat each other up by the arms and feet and then looking at each other like 'hey, I know you'. I hope they are good little friends growing up.


4 comments:
Mom told me that you guys took pics of the 2 babies together. So cute. Man, he is a little chunck. I can't get over how smiley Alyson is! Can't wait to squeeze the both of them this summer.
Wow I can't believe how big that little boy is. She may be small but he seems to be big for his age too. I remember having a hard time with car seats (they are suppose to be 20 lbs before front facing) Danika was like a year and a few months before she hit that. I'm so glad she is eating better.
I am so lucky to be the proud grandmother of both these beautiful children and all the others not shown. I'm also lucky to have children our Heavenly Father felt worthy enough to be the parents and care for all these special children that are part of our family.
All of you keep up the good (loving) work.
Happy 6 Month Birthday Alyson! We LOVE you!
Post a Comment