On Thursday, we went to our church for the Trunk-or-Treat. Olivia and Alyson had a great time, especially when it came to treat time! Olivia was a witch, Alyson was a butterfly, Frank was a rodeo clown and I was Medusa. The only thing I bought for mine was snakes from the $1 store to put in my hair and Frank just bought face paint and the blue wig. All cheap costumes this year!

Frank's dad was a clown so Frank decided he would be a clown this year. He borrowed my dad's hat, boots, hankerchief and shirt to finish off the look. He called it the 'Tribute to the Grandpas' since they have both passed away. He incorporated both of their looks very well and he did pretty good with the face paint, better than I thought he would have done. I told him he should be a rodeo clown in real life for fun, and then quickly took it back because I forgot they are in the arena with a bull!

Halloween day came around and we still had not carved our pumpkins. Frank didn't have to go to work until later that afternoon so we decided to carve them in the morning. Olivia had a great time! She wasted no time putting her hands in the pumpkin to dig out the goop. Alyson wandered in at one time and tried eating the goop too! After 1 pumpkin Olivia was done and left the other 2 for Frank to do.

Olivia had a great time Trick-or-Treating this year and wasted no time trying to dig in to her candy! Because she is so darn cute she got a ton of candy at the 4 places we went to. When we got to my grandma's place (Olivia's great-grandma) she said "Wow, you must have been to a lot of places" when she saw how much candy we already had. I said "Nope, this is just from 3 other places!" Olivia used the same witch costume and hat I used when I was a child. Alyson also used the same costume that Olivia wore when she was the same age. They both sure looked pretty darn cute!
And to end this post...here is a flashback picture of Frank and I on Halloween! We had to dress up for our Lamaze class we were doing. I had no idea what we could possibly be with me being massive (I only had 6 weeks to go before having Olivia) so we ended up being Hugh Hefner and his Playboy bunny! There were some pretty funny costumes there in the class as well that night! A few that I can remember was a hunter and target (wife's tummy being the target), a pregnant nun and pope and Father Time and Mother Earth (wife's tummy had a picture of Earth on it).





3 comments:
They look so much alike in those pictures. I think it's awesome that Olivia wore the same costume you did as a child. When I was pregnant I remember going as a basketball and Kevin was the basketball player.
haha! oh the girls are so cute and it looks and sounds like you guys all had a blast! I love the pis an stories!
Your girls are SO cute! I love the pictures of each of them in the butterfly costume- they look so alike! This year my Olivia wore the same catipillar costume Addie wore when she was the same age and they too looked SO similar! Isn't it a blast to have two girls?
If you'd like to come by sometime and check out all the bows I have on clearance just let me know!
Post a Comment