On May 2nd I was changing Aly's diaper when I noticed she had a sore which was infected. I didn't want to freak out about it so I waited a day and decided to take her into the pediatrician the next day to get it looked at. They ran a culture and started Alyson on an antibiotic right away. Her pediatrician didn't think it looked like MRSA so I was thinking it would just be a staph infection of some sort. Well, 48 hours later it turned out to be MRSA. I felt so awful because I felt like there was something I could have done to prevent it. Any infection is never a good thing but I was always under the impression that this was a much worse infection. We ran the course of the antibiotic and she is doing great! she wasn't hospitalized or anything...the only symptom that I noticed is that she had really long naps for a day or two. Maybe if she got this infection after she was first born, it could have been much worse since she was so fragile then.
She weighed in at 21.8 pounds (she is 20 months right now) on the scale at the pediatrician's office on May 2nd and that was with her clothes and shoes on. So she's pretty much a little twig! 12 month pants that should have fit her 8+ months ago FINALLY fit.....except they are capris now! She even still has a 0-3 month skirt that fits her perfectly around the waist! She sure is a feisty little thing but we sure do love her
Alyson enjoying the sunshine that we have been having lately! She loves it outside!!!
1 comment:
What a cutie!
Post a Comment