Thursday, April 1, 2010

SKYDIVING!!!

Frank and I have been trying to go skydiving for a year now and after many failed attempts we we were finally able to make it on March 25th! After bad weather, funeral and water heater needing to be replaced, I was beginning to wonder if these were signs that we shouldn't be jumping out of an airplane! I almost didn't go with Frank this year either because I had a cold earlier in the week and started to feel a lot of pressure in my ear the day we were supposed to jump. Luckily, the pressure was relieved and I felt good enough about it all and decided to do the jump anyway. It was SO much fun and such a RUSH!!!

Cake I got for Frank's birthday which was on 3/21. We tried to go skydiving last year on his birthday and it got canceled because it was too windy outside!


We had to lay on this blanket and practice our arches and turns during free fall. Olivia didn't want to be left out so she practiced too!


Olivia sitting in the plane with Rick (skydive instructor). Future skydiver on our hands???


I made Frank go up first! He said he wanted to go first anyway so that was good for me!


Frank coming in for landing! Free fall was for about 30-45 seconds. We dropped from 11,000 feet to 4,000 feet (7,000 foot drop!). Once we hit 4,000 we pulled the ripcord to open the chute. Parachuting was about 4-6 minutes back to the ground. I didn't think about it at the time but free falling at speeds up to 120mph sure does dry out your nose and mouth! :)


Frank after his got unhooked from the chute! He LOVED it!


Practicing my jump before we actually went up to do the real deal. Rick said he has done over 7,500 jumps so far, 4,000 of them tandem.


Coming in for my landing as well.....


I SURVIVED!!!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That would be so awesome!!! How fun. I don't know if I have the guts to do something like that. It sounds like a huge rush but I think I might wimp out towards the end or pee my pants ha ha. Thats great that you were able to trick your co-workers. Gotta love April fool pranks.

RoBiN said...

How fun! You two are a riot! It's a super rush huh! Great pics! Happy birthday to Frank, what a way to celebrate! Sorry about not going to lunch yet... Life got crazy for me. I will text you to make plans. :)

triplej said...

Wow...you crazy, crazy girl! Jared is dying to go, but I have been parasailing and that is good enough for me!