All tuckered out...I find her like this quite often, sometimes with her bottle still in her mouth!

- Speaking of eating, Alyson does really good with eating and sometimes I'm surprised with how much she can pack away. She loves green beans and can eat more than 1/2 a can. Now if only green beans were like 500 calories so she could gain weight faster! :) A month or so ago my friend was at church and was watching me measure out Alyson's formula and she asked me when I was going to stop adding formula. Haha! Normally formula is mixed to 20 calories an ounce...I figured I was mixing Alyson's formula to 34 calories an ounce!
- Alyson will be 22 months in a few days and she is still in the 21-22 pound range. She is still itty-bitty and cute as ever!
Playing at Grandma G's house. She loves to swing!

- She has been talking pretty good recently. I was wondering if her speech was going to be delayed a lot because of her not eating for a while but she just started talking a lot out of no where in the last few months. She can count to 10, say part of the ABC's, make animal noises and can tell us which TV show she wants to watch! She also ways "please" which sounds like "peez", "thank-you which sounds like "uh oo" and "love you" which sounds pretty similar to thank-you. I don't know...maybe she's telling me thank-you when I tell her I love her! Haha!
- She is our little ham! She is so funny and makes us laugh every day. She has the funniest facial expressions and knows when she is being funny. Not a day goes by that I am so grateful for her and that she is still here with us and I marvel in how great she is doing health-wise.
This picture was taken in Las Vegas...it just shows how silly she is! :)

- She loves the warm weather and loves playing outside. Frank planted flowers in our back patio this year and even though I have repeatedly told her to NOT pull the flowers, she keeps ripping off the flower heads. So this picture of the flowers...there are more flowers in bloom in this picture than what we have now because she plucks them all off! Olivia has helped in the plucking too but it has been mostly Alyson!!!

- She is officially off the binky! She hasn't had it for more than 2-3 months now. The transition also wasn't because of Frank's or my doing...she kept losing the binkies and I was tired of buying new ones. Sometimes she will find one around the house and she'll put it in her mouth but it will get "lost" again really fast! One time all of her binkies were lost so we were looking for them and decided to look around the speaker by our TV since she liked to frequent that area. We shook the speaker and it rattled a lot! I turned the speaker upside down and put my hand in the hole at the top and pulled out everything you see in the picture below! Yes, all of that was in one speaker...and we found 3 binkies in that pile of loot!

- She loves music and likes sitting at our piano and playing it. She also likes singing Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down". When the chorus comes on she belts out the "Hey Baby" and "Hey I"...it's pretty funny to watch her singing it! She's also pretty dang good at singing "Popcorn Popping" and does the hand actions well!
My lil' G! :)

4 comments:
Very cute.
I love this post! I am so glad that she is doing so well and look forward to meeting her when we go skydiving :)
She is such a doll. I love her smile. Thats pretty funny about the speaker. ha ha. I'm wondering when BriLynn will get off the binky. I haven't had to buy more but I'm sick of searching for them. Jacob kept biting on his till he bit the tip off and we threw it away. Whenever he asked for it we just told "remember you broke it". I heard that snipping the tips of them work...I might have to start that. :)
Heather...I can't believe the progress she has made. It is amazing!
The binky is better than a thumb by far, 'cause you surely can't cut the ends off of them!!
Post a Comment