- Frank's car wasn't starting the morning of the day I got my blessing (I'm sure that had something to do with emotions that day) and I was thinking "oh great, we just put a ton of money into it a few months ago, what next!?" We tried starting the car several more times that day without it ever turning over. That night I got in the car and silently said a prayer saying "I can't handle this right now...this car has to start, it just has to." I turned the key and the car started and has been running okay ever since. Not sure what the problem was.
- I get so caught up sometimes about what "could" happen with Alyson, especially with her surgery date nearing that I am not seeing the "now". The day after that blessing, I was reading a few heart blogs where their child was in the hospital sick with RSV or they were being challenged with stuff that we didn't have to go through with Alyson. After I read the blogs, I realized how grateful I was for Alyson's health. I always am grateful for it, but it made me realize even more because we didn't have to face those challenges with her when we possibly could have.
- The girls can have major attitudes sometimes, some days worse than others. There are some days that are just horrendous that I think "how in the world and I going to make it another 4 hours and 27 minutes till bedtime?" You all know what I'm talking about with the bad days...you count down the minutes too! :) But then I remind myself that the girls are still here, healthy and alive, so I just need to cool my emotions down and that seems to help.
These two are a couple of the greatest joys in my life! They remind me just how great life is and how blessed I truly am! They make me laugh every day, smile every day, and feel love for them every day!
1 comment:
Loved this post. Thanks for the reminder of all the things I have to be grateful for as well. Sometimes it's all too easy to get wrapped up in other things to notice the little things that are going RIGHT in our lives :)
Post a Comment