Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Didn't See That Coming....

My co-worker has a nephew who's rabbit just had bunnies. He kept telling me that he was going to give a bunny to each of my girls. At first it seemed like he was joking but then knowing him, I was starting to think he was somewhat serious. He even asked me how many baby chicks I wanted. I pretty much threatened him with his life if he were to ever show up on my doorstep with bunnies or any type of animal for my kids.


Today when I got back from lunch, I saw a box with holes in it sitting on my desk! Without hesitation, I walked quickly back to my co-worker that I had just left and said "That had better not be what I think it is!" "It's two bunnies, just like I promised you", he said. I walked back to my desk thinking he was so crazy and lifted the package and something shifted in it but it didn't feel like a living creature in there. I opened the lid and inside was.....



.....two bunnies and chicks for my girls, just like he said he would do! Hahaha! Oh man I did not see that coming. At first he was just joking with me about giving me the bunnies but then he came up with this idea when he realized how fun it was to see me angry at the thought of him giving me an actual bunny and/or chick! :)


6 comments:

The Jensens said...

ha ha when I saw this pic on FB I thought, oh I would kill someone if they gave live animals to my kids... then when you posted the rest later I had a good laugh! That's awesome!

Sandra said...

That is AWESOME!!!! Ha ha what a great joke.

Nicole said...

Love, love, love this!

ashley.rose said...

PRICELESS!!!!!

triplej said...

AWESOME...but real bunnies would have been fun too!

Jamie Younker said...

That's awesome! I bet that totally made your day! (And your girls' days as well!)