Back in September, I went on a tour of the fire station in our area with cub scouts. It was very interesting and I learned quite a bit with what EMT's/firemen have to do. I'll be nice and spare the details on what they might have to do on the scene of accidents if they can't get IV's started....yikes! It was a very cool experience and I know the boys loved it too! I can't wait to go back someday soon with them!
Anyway, the fireman that took us on the tour looked really familiar. I kept looking at him.....trying to decide if who I thought he was really was him. At the end of the rout, the fireman had everyone walk through the fire truck. Me being the last person to walk through, I said "Excuse me, are you the fireman that transported me to SLC to have my baby?" He responded "Yes! I thought you looked familiar to me! How long has it been?" I started to get teary eyed because this guy, who I never thought I would see again, was so very nice to me when he helped transport me to SLC to give birth to Alyson. He took care of me and made sure everything was okay with Alyson and I on the transport. I responded "It will be 3 years ago tomorrow." How cool is that!? I saw him a day before Alyson's birthday! I wish Alyson was there so he could see what a cute spunky little girl she is today. However, the girls were being little pills so Frank took them home before we even left to go on the tour. Even though this man was only in my life for a few short hours, he left a long lasting impression that I will never forget.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's so neat! So cool that you ran into him again.
That is cool!
That us super neat to meet like that!
I love this!
How amazing! What a fantastic day!
What a cool story Heather! I hadn't heard about that until now as I read it. Very cool.
Post a Comment