- Potty training...ugh! I hate potty training so much! Once Alyson is potty trained, diapers/pull ups will enter my home no more!! We've been working the last 2 months with it since her surgery isn't anytime soon. I know she is totally ready but she is a stink about it sometimes. I had to up the treat I gave her because I don't think M&M's were cutting it anymore....she gets Starbursts now for going when I don't have to remind her. The better treats have made a difference in the direction we are going!
- Alyson went through a phase where she was a little sailor! She picked up on a swear word. I have no idea where she got it from.....*cough, cough*. She would use it in the right context too which was surprising! And if it wasn't enough with her starting to swear, she also encouraged me to swear one day when I dropped something hitting my foot...."Say a bad word mommy, say a bad word!". She also made herself a swear word too. I called her a "sweetie pie" a few months back and she said "I'm not a sweetie pie, I'm a $#!@ pie!" I was stunned to hear it and at first I didn't think that's what she said, but sure enough it was when she kept calling herself that! Hahaha!! I haven't heard her swear lately, except for the couple times in the last few days when she has said "we don't say '$#!@' because its a bad word!" I'm glad she is out of that phase because I was starting to worry about her Nursery leaders at church coming up to me and saying "Um, we think Alyson is swearing in class" and my reply having to be "I'm pretty sure it was 'ship' that she was saying!"
- Alyson has been officially off the bottle since July this year! YAHOO!!! I would always try to put her milk in a sippy cup and she would just throw it back at me and scream and cry. so because I didn't want her to get dehydrated or lose any weight, I always gave in and put it in a bottle for her. One day in July, all of the bottles were dirty and I didn't want to wash one right then so I just put her milk in a sippy cup waiting for her to cry and throw it back at me. But she happily took it and drank everything and we haven't looked back since!
- in June, Frank brought the girls to my work to eat lunch with me. While there, Alyson kept standing on a chair and I kept scolding her telling her to get down. She got down, I turned my head to talk to Frank and a few seconds later I heard a chair scoot across the floor and a thud. Alyson feel into a wall beam and hit her head. I ran over and picked her up and she looked fine, I turned her around to see if she had a big bump on her head and noticed there wasn't a bump....she cracked it open and was bleeding! Her poor white hair!!! I was starting to freak a little saying dumb stuff to Frank like "What if it gets infected and it goes to her heart!?" Hahaha! We drove her to InstaCare and got right back. Normally you have to sit there and wait f..o..r..e..v..e..r! With head trauma, you go straight on back! The doctor thought it was best to do staples over stitches so he sprayed on a numbing spray and put in 4 stables in her head to close up the wound. When it was done, she whimpered and told the doctor "thank you fixing my head".
- MRSA...Alyson has had infections several times this year. She most recently had one on her leg about a month ago so we put her on antibiotics and got it cleared up. Her pediatrician said there is no point in culturing the sores anymore since the few times we have, it has always come back as MRSA. I have started to give her bleach baths a couple times a week now to see if that helps kill off bacteria on her skin. The pediatrician said to do it for her eczema when it got bad so why not just do it a couple times a week to see if it kept infections away?? If we make it to her next cardiology appointment with no more infections, I will consider the bleach baths a success!!
- Okay, on to the no tail! Hahaha!! It sounds ridiculous as I type it! Anyway, one day when Alyson was in the bathroom I noticed the bottom of her back towards her butt was extremely red and her spine looked like if she fell it would just puncture through her skin! The bone back there is very prominent so I joked with Frank "What if she has a tail?" He said "Oh good, she has half a heart AND a tail!" We both laughed pretty hard at that! Last week I took Olivia to the pediatrician to get her all immunized for school next year. While there, I decided to ask about Alyson's "tail", no matter how dumb I felt about it! The pediatrician said that it does indeed stick out further than normal but she doesn't have an extra vertebrae, its just the way her spine is curving down there. And plus, she is skinny in her butt area! The term "bony butt" really applies to her! Hahaha!! So her sitting on hard chairs really irritates that area so I guess there is only one thing that will help this problem....donuts! She can sit on the inflatable donut to help alleviate pressure and add more cushion, or she can eat donuts to add more cushion!!! :)

2 comments:
potty training is the worst....good luck. I see the end in site too. One more to go :) LOL about her bony butt :)
She is simply a doll...I think she is looking a lot like Olivia lately.
Post a Comment