Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How Many Excuses Will I Get Tonight?





I think Olivia must have been reading something like this last night because I have never heard so many excuses from her to keep getting out of bed. Lately she will try to get out of at least 1 time for one reason or another but last night she gave us a new reason for each 5+ times she got out of bed. It included:

  • "I need to go potty" - Daddy just had you go potty just a few minutes ago, get back in bed!

  • "I can't find my water" - Frank went upstairs and found it right in her bed next to her where it always is
  • "I need more water" - She must have sucked the rest down when Frank found it for her so she could get back out of bed to tell us that
  • "Hey Mom, I hear an airplane" - That's great, go back to bed!
  • "I need to be tucked in" - Well stay in bed and you wouldn't have to be tucked back in
  • "What's that?" - Not really sure what 'that' was she was referring to.....
  • "I need to go potty" - (sigh) Frank, please go upstairs and take her to the bathroom

Now I must say, it is entertaining listening to these until it gets to be 10pm. Summer screws up our schedule so bad! So while I am not a person that enjoys cold weather, I'm glad to see that it is getting darker sooner again.


On a side note: My friend told me that once in a while if she had a rough day at home with the kids and just needed some time to herself she would adjust the times on the clocks. So if their bedtime was at 8pm and it was really 7pm, she would move the clock ahead 1 hour. Hmmm, something I'll have to remember when Olivia and Alyson can read the time on the clock! :)

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Ahhh I know those comments to well he he. If you do adjust the clock, let me know how that works.

The Mann Clann said...

Those excuses are cute for about the first 10 minutes, but after an hour you're looking for the duct tape! I learned to put a child's gate in the doorway of my little one's room. This keeps them in their rooms. They still know I'm there. They're usually allowed one potty trips, but after that I just TRY to ignore the silly requests. As soon as they go to sleep I take it off. When they're old enough to stay in their beds at night we get rid of it. Just a suggestion!

RoBiN said...

Olivia is hillarious! She kills me! ha ha I love it! Your a fun mom! I miss ya! How the heck are ya?

Adam and Brynn said...

LOL sounds just like Makenna. :) Little stinkers!!! And when did you put up that Heart Poem? I love it! It's so sweet and beautiful.

Az Kelms said...

Hahahahaha, I only laugh because the excuses only will get better as they get older. hehehehehhe