One week ago marked the one year anniversary of Alyson's Glenn surgery. I went back and read the posts from that day and her recovery and it makes me so grateful for how well she is doing and what a joy she is in our family. Modern medicine is such a blessing!
So this is how far behind I am...Alyson started taking a few steps a couple of days before Christmas!!! Within a few days she was walking everywhere and is doing so great at it! Her physical therapist from the Up-To-3 program (which she was released from since she is on track at his point) said that Alyson would be walking by Christmas. Each day that went by got closer to 12/25 and I was having doubts that she would be walking by then. But then again, I wasn't going to be concerned if she wasn't walking by Christmas either. I figured I would start to worry if she was 18 months and not walking yet. Anyway, she started walking and she is doing great at it and her heart seems to tolerate this new activity just fine. Except for the other day when we were rolling the ball for her to go and get...she started staggering towards the end and her lips were turning blue/purple. I told Frank we had better stop before she had a hear attack or something! That doesn't happen all the time, just when she is really active.
As for eating, she is doing great there as well. She is a girl for sure...loves carbs and chocolate! At meal times we will put her in her highchair and have all of her food cut up and she will feed herself and even use a fork most of the time. I am amazed with how much she eats sometimes because she was not really interested in food a couple of months ago. We still give her formula (12-36 month old) right now and we're trying to get her used to drinking regular milk. She's not a huge fan of it and I'm not sure if it's because of the taste or because it's cold. Once we do get her drinking milk though we still start adding instant breakfasts to it to pump up the calories she she can still continue to gain weight. Right now she is around 19-20 pounds. We have an appointment next week at PCMC to see her cardiologist. We will see then what her weight is and how he thinks she is doing. It might also give us more insight on when the next surgery will be.
And to end, what would a post be without a picture!?! This is of Olivia and Alyson on Christmas morning in their matching PJ's. They sure are darn cute! I just love these girls to pieces!!!
2 comments:
Cute cute picture. It's great that she is doing so well. BriLynn just started walking but she still prefers to crawl. I don't mind, she's much faster to catch he he.
Like I said on Sunday....loved the UPDATE!
Post a Comment