Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Alyson Is TWO!!!

Alyson -

Two years ago on September 9th, your sweet little spirit entered into our home. I didn't know what to expect, there were so many unknowns. But I did know for sure of one thing, how much we loved you and wanted you as a part of our family.

You have overcome so much and we are so thrilled with how you are doing right now. I wasn't expecting you to talk for a while but sure enough, you proved me wrong and started talking up a storm. You make me laugh with the random things you say. I put you to bed after I took away your binki a few months ago and you said "I want binki" and started laughing hysterically. You know I won't give it to you but you continue to ask each night and laugh. You call your dad by his first name "Frank" and when I ask you what your name is, you point to yourself and say "sister". You also sing "I Love To See The Temple" and "I Am A Child Of God" pretty dang good too! :)

You love Olivia so much! And she loves you so much! You like when she gives you hugs and kisses...


And sometimes...not so much! (Olivia likes invading your personal bubble)


You are our also our little mess maker. Even though I made the mess in the picture below, you can be equally destructive! :) But, after each mess, I am glad that I am able to clean up the messes that you make.


You are crazy about the Sponge Bob cartoons right now so I thought for your birthday I would use that as your theme. You must know Alyson, I searched high and low for a Sponge Bob balloon! I called every grocery store in town and other stores and no one had them. Just as I was about to give up on you having that balloon, I called one more place that was in another city 15 minutes away and they had one! I guess it was just important to me for you to have one and to have something that I knew you would love. And you did love it so my efforts paid off when I saw your excited little face beam!


And what would be the point of the Sponge Bob balloon without Sponge Bob cupcakes?


You are still a finicky eater at times and I wasn't sure if you were going to eat your cake again this year...


...but you DID! And ate the whole thing!


Alyson, we are so glad that you chose to come to this earth and be a part of our family. I wouldn't change anything because I have learned so many lessons about my own life through you. There is not a day that goes by that I am grateful for you and Olivia in my life.


1 DAY OLD


1 YEAR OLD

2 YEARS OLD


I want you to know that you are PERFECT in each and every way and don't let anyone else tell you that otherwise, no matter what!!! Happy Birthday Baby Girl! We love you so much and look forward to the next year and watching you grow up and learning new things!

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Todd and Carol said...

I remember it was right after Nevan's birthday that you brought that sweet girl home (so right about this time 2 years ago). I love this wonderful tribute you wrote Heather. I do love that Alyson and give her a big hug from me!! Carol

Sandra said...

Great post Heather. Can you believe they are two already? Well BriLynn not till the 25th of this month but crazy how time flies. Happy Be-lated birthday Alyson!

triplej said...

It is crazy how time flies. She is such a little fighter!! Yay, Alyson.

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!! We love you.