I'll start off with the x-ray…the cardiologist said that her heart size and everything still looked good so no concern there. Her oxygen levels were around 81% so they are starting to drop a bit (back in March, her oxygen levels were around 84%). Also, everything looked fine on the EKG, so she had a great appointment and we don't need to go back for 6 months. Hooray!!!
Her oxygen levels will continue going down and as that happens she will start to look more blue in appearance. He doesn't anticipate she will be below 75% oxygen level before next September but said as long as she is around 30 pounds, they will proceed with Fontan procedure which will be the final stage of her surgeries (sometime after her 3rd birthday). If she isn't 30 pounds, she will need to be put on oxygen so she doesn't go below 75% and we will have to wait until that weight is reached so the surgery can be done. We've switched her to whole milk while still mixing in a few scoops of formula to get 34+ calories an ounce. Hopefully the fat in the milk will start making her gain a bit more. I also feed her chocolate chips to accomplish that goal weight! :)
We've just been staying busy and now that the summer is over, I hope to be better at blogging . To end, I'll just want to say how awesome Frank is! A couple of months ago, he watched my brother/sister-in-law's kids during the day (so like 8+ hours)...and he survived...and he actually said he liked it! I even came home a few hours early that day from work and went to bed because I was sick, and he still managed all by himself!!! I'm glad Frank's sister was here visiting that morning so she could help out for a couple of hours. :)
These are the kiddos Frank watched.
From left to right: 10 months, 2 years, 2 years, 4 years, 3 years!!!

3 comments:
Way to go Frank :) Yeah for Alyson! I hope her Oxygen levels don't drop anymore. Great that you can wait six months. It's amazing, from looking at her you would never think there was anything wrong.
What a great picture of all of those little cuties! Way to go Frank!
good luck getting alyson chubbier! i think the chocolate chips should help (they help me in that area, for sure).
i was bummed that you weren't in the office last time i went by--will you be there tomorrow? i need to drop something off to wendy and i want to show you calvin!
Post a Comment