It is hard to believe that just over 4 short years ago, this was your Dad and I waiting your arrival. We had to dress up in our Lamaze class so I thought what would be a better outfit then Hugh Hefner and his pregnant girlfriend!
I desperately wanted you to come earlier than your due date...not because that I was uncomfortable because I wasn't. I had the easiest and best pregnancy with you....I just wanted to see your sweet face and have you be a part of our family.In an effort to get you here, I decided to somewhat hop down some stairs at a friends house a couple of weeks before you were born. I wanted to show her how I was trying to jostle you out. FYI, nylons and carpet don't mix! :) I fell down 4 stairs and was laying on my back with my mouth wide open. Your Dad came over to make sure I was okay and when he realized I was, he and my friend (Mary) burst out laughing. It was funny to say the least, however I am here to tell you, if falling down the stairs wouldn't bring you here, nothing would...or any child for that matter.
So on December 17th, I was at Susanne's house, a very dear friend of mine, while your Dad was at work. I was joking with her that I would spank you if you ended up coming on Christmas. We all laughed at that and I just had a feeling that you just wouldn't be coming any time soon even as your December 19th due date was approaching.
The next morning, I went in to labor with you. Funny how it worked out because Aunt JoAnn was having her twin boys that same day too. We all like to think that Grandpa G. had something to do with it in heaven and cause a little havoc that day! :) 12 hours and a blessed epidural later, you graced us around 3:20pm and you weighed 8 pounds! I was so thrilled to finally have you here! I called Susanne and she thought I was lying to her that I indeed had you, because we were just joking hours earlier about you being born on Christmas (which I am still thankful that you weren't).
Not only did you steal our hearts, your Grandpa and Grandma's were totally enamored with you and couldn't wait to meet you!


As we have looked through your pictures a few days ago, they all brought back such sweet memories of you. 
You got to meet Jacob and Jayden for the first time when you were 4 months old! Grandma V. was thrilled with all of you and you seriously looked like you all could be triplets! Grandma V. thought it was so neat that you were all born on her wedding anniversary ...and she's right, it is very cool!

I think you are the most beautiful little girl and you are so photogenic in all the photos we take of you. Unlike Alyson, you like having your pictures taken professionally and smile in all of them. Which is probably why we spent so much dang money at places like Kiddie Kandid's because we never once got bad pictures of you.

I never realized what a wonderful sister you would be, especially to Alyson. She is so lucky to have a big sister like you and I know that you will be there to stand by her side and protect her. The other day when you were at Uncle Garth's house he got mad at Alyson because she wasn't picking up toys in which you exclaimed 'Hey, that's my sister!" You even protect her from having to clean up! :)

1 YEAR
2 YEARS
Olivia, you are such a beautiful daughter of our Heavenly Father. I feel that you have such a strong spirit and will do many wonderful things in your lifetime. I am so grateful to be the mother to such an amazing little girl. You make me happy each and every day, even when you do or say naughty things! :)
Love you forever and always,
Mom
Mom

6 comments:
What a great post for Olivia! She is adorable, I can't believe how big she is. I forgot that her and Jacob were born so close to each other. The picture with your grandma holding all three born on the same day is so precious, they do look like triplets.
This is so cute Heather! Happy birthday Olivia!
Ok...now that I have stopped the tears from flowing...what a truly amazing post! You are awesome Heather. Olivia is beautiful! We love her.
Happy Birthday Olivia! Love you dear!
What a beautiful Post, and a wonderful mother! Thanks for letting me know about your blog!! LOVE IT! Hope all is well! Love ya!
Post a Comment