

The sushi chefs knew she was there for her birthday dinner so they sent out a roll to our table called the 'Fire Roll'. You can kind of see the fire in the picture below but Olivia was thrilled with it! And it was actually her favorite roll to eat that day!

I asked the sushi chefs to take a picture with the girls before we left. LOVE IT! They absolutely love our girls and always come up to them to talk to them whenever we are there to eat. Maybe it's because they don't see too many kids in there.

We then took the girls to Build-A-Bear. We let Olivia and Alyson choose what kind of bear they wanted to make...
Olivia chose a pink bear (of course!) :)

Next, the girls went over to give their new buddies an air bath.
I asked Frank what he thought about us buying them clothes. If any of you have been there, you know exactly why I asked...they are ridiculously priced! He said we might as well since it was her birthday and Christmas was coming up. I'm sure he would later regret that when he saw what Olivia wanted to do with her bear! Haha!
We let her pick out whatever outfit she wanted. Then she saw....THE SHOES! "My bear needs shoes mommy!" "No it doesn't Olivia", I said. "YES SHE DOES!" I look at the price tag...$7.50! Oh gads, I didn't want to buy the stinking shoes. Frank is a push over, he let her buy the shoes. Because of that, to be fair, we had to buy Alyson's kitty cat shoes too or I know there would have been war over that.*GASP* "My bear needs sunglasses!". "Olivia, your bear does not need sunglasses!" "Yes she does, I don't want her eyes to burn!" How can I argue with that kind of reasoning?!?! Price tag on the pink sunglasses? $4! Frank told me to just buy them because it completed the outfit...hahaha! She tried to swindle me into buying the bear $3 underwear and a $3 headband but I put my foot down on those.
A LOT of money later (between the bear and kitty)....here is Olivia's bear she named "Taddy"! I actually don't regret the money we spent on the bear/kitty because the girls love them like its a new little friend of theirs which is nice.
Alyson wasn't around when I was naming the bear and kitty so I asked Olivia what I should name the kitty. She said "Saddy" (which rhymes with Taddy). I upgraded it to another name so they didn't sound so much alike.Alyson's kitty "Sadie". It has blingin' Sketcher shoes! :)

Olivia decided this year she wanted her ears pierced. I told her she could do them on her birthday. To prep her for it, I told her exactly what they would do and that it would hurt. Yeah, yeah...Bad Mom award. But I wanted her to know what it was going to be like so she could make the decision she wanted knowing the consequences. She decided she still wanted to do them.
"Hey mommy, can I get the Halloween earrings?"
She's a little apprehensive at this point. Notice how I gave her a push pop to help with any anxiety... :)
Girl showing Olivia how she is going to put a dot on her ear with marker...
"I'm ready!"
All DONE!!A friend of mine saw us like 1 minute later and said that he heard Olivia screaming, that everyone in the store heard her screaming. Haha! It's just like when she gets a shot, she cries for a second then she's done.
That night, she asked for sushi again for dinner. I told her 'no' so she settled for "Subway Eat Fresh". Her words, not mine.
She wanted a princess cake and it turned out, well, not very good. It looks okay in this picture, but really...it's not how I wanted it to look at all. Very sad. But looking at her happy little face over her cake in this picture makes me feel better. I wanted it to be "perfect" in my standards. She's 4, she could care less.
By the way, I will never try making frosting again in my life!
Cute little Meg! (niece)
PRESENT TIME!!!
Princess Dominoes! She really loves playing them a lot and is really good at matching them!
Crochet hat and skirt!
As you can tell, she's pretty darn happy with them! :)
Princess outfit!
Oh my goodness! What is it.....
"AHHH!"
A vacuum!!!(Olivia has a weird little obsession with vacuums so I thought this would be the perfect gift! She asks almost everyone she talks to if they have a vacuum and how many.)
Uncle Garth couldn't hurry fast enough putting the batteries in it for her!
She let Alyson play with a part of the vacuum for about 1 minute before she took right away from her again.



2 comments:
What are you talking about the cake looks great! I love the knitted hat so cute. She is such a cute little girl.
Darling cake for an incredibly DARLING girl! I've always wanted to take my girls to build a bear but I'm scared because I know exactly what'll happen. LoL. We will leave totally broke. Sounds like such a fun birthday though! I'm glad you gave me your contact info so we can stay in touch!
Post a Comment