Olivia: (looking at our wedding picture) Where was I in this picture?
Me: You weren't in the picture, you weren't born yet.
Olivia: Where was I then?
Me: You were still up in heaven.
Olivia: What!? I DIED before you got married?
Me: LOL!
Olivia: Was Grandma V. up in heaven with me?
Me: No, she was still alive. She didn't pass away yet.
Olivia: Are we ever going to see her again?
Me: Yes, when the resurrection happens, we will see her again.
Olivia: So Jesus will come down and dig her out with a shovel?
She is a hoot! I sure love our conversations with her! She still has been doing gymnastics and loving it! She recently moved up another level because she has been progressing and doing awesome! We hope this is something that she will continue to want to do. I will do another post on her gymnastics stuff soon! She is also very excited for turning 5 because she gets to go to school. She thought that once she turned 5 she could go to school. She was a little disappointed when I told her that she had to wait until next summer to go. I'm glad that she is excited though and I hope this excitement for school lasts well beyond 18 years of age!
So for Olivia's birthday, she wanted an Olivia cake. I called a few bakeries and I told them I wanted an Olivia the Pig cake. They all said "What's Olivia the Pig" What!? They have every Nickelodeon cake but they don't know what Olivia the Pig is? So I made her cake again this year. It turned out way better than last years for sure! I will continue to improve over time! :) I practiced making fondant a couple weeks before her birthday and even tried to do Olivia the Pig out of fondant too. It didn't turn out too bad but when I saw a small stuffed Olivia the Pig at Toys R Us for $5, I threw the idea of me making the pig myself out the window and bought it to save my sanity!
Finished product! The cake itself was a Red Velvet cake!

Side view.....

Olivia loved her cake!

My beautiful girl!

Also, it was Breast Cancer Awareness day on Olivia's birthday! Okay, not really but with the napkins Frank let Olivia get one would think so! Apparently they were the only pink napkins on the isle....I don't know if that's really true but when I saw these I was like "what the heck Frank!"

Grandma G. and Olivia! She got the girls bunk beds for their birthdays/Christmas! A post in the near future for that too!
Olivia got some earrings....

3 comments:
HA HA I love the napkins. That is priceless. She is a cute cute girl! Great job on the birthday cake. That looks like fondant. I've never tried it but I've wanted to. Do you have a recipe?
She is cute! I love the stories and her questions. The napkins are awesome (way to go Frank for letting her have what she wants lol) and the cake looks amazing! It looks like it was a great day!
What...I totally thought the napkins went with the birthday!! So cute! I can't wait for Jordan and Olivia to be in Kindergarten together. We need to get them in morning or afternoon together. What are you going to do? I think you told me morning.
Post a Comment