Monday, February 6, 2012

Gymnastics

Olivia has been doing gymnastics for over a year and a half now and she loves it! In December, the place she goes to called me and said that Olivia had improved so much they wanted to move her up another level! I must say, she is doing AMAZING! Even in the couple of months she has been in this new level she has improved so much! She is starting to do running cartwheels, getting better at handstands (even starting to do walking handstands)….just everything is improving! Frank and I talk about if she gets so good and continues on with gymnastics she can get a scholarship when she is on college! Hahaha! Wishful thinking I know, but it’s fun to think about! She is one of the most enthusiastic kids in her class. She is the first one there because we are waiting for Alyson’s class to get over and she is always itching to get out on to the floor right away to start doing her tricks for me! She beams with pride with how good she is doing, its so cute!


Olivia in her new gymnastics outfit she got for her birthday!

They have to do sit-ups and push-ups in class to build up their muscles to do some of the stuff they learn. One day I was in the kitchen and I heard her counting in the living room. I went in to see what she was doing and she was doing sit-ups and counting how many she was doing. SO FUNNY! I started laughing because she was just so dang cute and she yelled “Stop laughing at me!!” Hahahaha!

Handstand


Arch


3 comments:

Mandy said...

I always wished my parents had put me in gymnastics when I was younger. Maybe (if I have girls someday) I should put my girls in gymnastics. I'm seriously impressed with that handstand!

triplej said...

She is doing amazing!! Where do you take her?

Petersen Palace said...

AWESOME!!!