Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sledding!!!

Last weekend I was invited by my friend Ashley to go sledding with her sister and their families. It worked out that Frank didn't have to work on Saturday (for once) so we all went. It was a perfect day for going because it was pretty warm outside so Alyson stayed pink instead of turning blue! :) Olivia had a great time too! I hardly got any pictures of her because Frank said she was "too cool" for us and went sledding down the hill with the other kids.


Alyson had a good time too! However, she didn't like being sprayed in the face with snow when I jutted my feet into the ground to slow down so we didn't go flying into the fence at the end. I couldn't find my snow pants that day so I ended up going in jeans. No bueno when it's "warmer" outside and the snow starts to be really wet! My pants quadrupled their weight in no time! Haha!!


Since the hill we went sledding down was SOOO long, there were snowmobiles there to take everyone back up to the top of the hill. Can you imagine walking up that hill to sled back down? Well I didn't imagine, I tried doing it and 1/16th of the way up I realized what a dumb idea that was, sledded that 1/16th of the way back down and waited for the snowmobile!


We left with no broken or hurt body parts which was nice, even when the snowmobile tipped over with all 4 of us on it. No one is at fault for that little mishap (ahem...Frank!). Seriously though, it could have happened to anyone and we were actually driving pretty slow. I'm just glad that we didn't get hurt and the snowmobile is fine too! Good times!!!


Thanks again for inviting us Ashley! We had such a good time and Olivia was talking about it into the next day about going sledding! She raved about the treats afterward too!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

How fun! I wanted to take the kids sledding for our FHE activity on Monday....yeah it warmed up to much that the snow melted :( Awesome that their were snowmobiles to take you back up. Glad no one was hurt.

ashley.rose said...

It was a BLAST! We will have to do it again when it snows. I'm glad everyone was ok to when the Snowmobile had a mind of its own and decided it wanted to buck you and your family off it!!! LOL. :)

The Jensens said...

That's a fun hill to play on! My parents live right next to it :) Glad you had fun!

RoBiN said...

Looks like a blast! You guys are soo fun! I need to take Cambree sledding before I have my baby.