Sunday, November 16, 2008
Finally!!!
Alyson's umbilical cord came off today...FINALLY! It took 69 days for it to come off. I shouldn't even say that it came off itself...it took some prodding from me for it to come off. I kept wondering why it hadn't fallen off because it looked like it was hanging on by a thread and I put alcohol on it a few times to try drying it up more. Well....come to find out after investigating it today it was literally hanging on by a thread. There was a stitch holding it on to her skin! Good thing I have 15+ pairs of medical scissors from the hospital to remove the stitch. The only thing I can think of as to why the stitch was there is because the medical staff put it there right after she was born. When Alyson was passed off to the NICU at the UofU Hospital they started some IV medications going into her umbilical cord (in which they probably had to stitch it down). Very weird but makes one more good story to add to all the rest to tell her when she gets older!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW! 69 days? I'll bet you're glad to have it gone. The four generation picture was awesome! Alyson and Olivia are cute as ever.
Colleen
You are soo daring! I would have been nervous to remove the stich! I bet Alyson is happy to have it removed and I know you are. :)
Interesting about the stitch. I loved looking down at your posts and all the pictures. Alyson is a doll! I think her and Olivia look a lot alike. I'm excited to keep in touch with you through blogging!!!
Post a Comment