Wednesday, September 16, 2009

12 Month Check-Up

Alyson had her 1 year check-up on Monday 9/14 with her pediatrician. She is still doing great and gaining weight which is always a good thing! Luckily I'm not the type of mom to cry when their baby is getting shots because she received 6 that day...poor girl! We're working on getting her approved again fro the RSV shot since this I believe is the last yea rshe will be able to get them. She also got her flu shot this appointment and will go back in 1 month to get the booster and hopefully get the swine flu shot if it is available. The pediatrician would also like us to start weening her from her Reglan (medication) since she doesn't think she needs it anymore because she no longer throws up. I think we're going to have to be careful again with her this winter. Not to the point of being completely holed up again in our house but not taking her out as much when we go shopping.

Currently Alyson is crawling around really great. A few weeks ago she was army-craling around but has since built up enough upper body strength to get up on her hands and knees and crawl around. She moves fast! Yesterday her phyical therapist from the Up-To-3 program came over to see how she was doing and said he would be suprised if she wasn't walking by Christmas. I put her up against her walker last night and she was walking around with it and did better than I thought she would so she really might be walking sooner than later. We're also still working on getting her to eat more food. She'll have a few tastes here and there but doesn't eat enough for it to be considered a meal portion. We'll be keeping her on formula for the next little bit too so I can still mix her milk to be high calorie. Whole milk is around 18 calories an ounce I believe and I mix the formula to be 25+ calories an ounce. I would have to give her straight cream to make up for those lost calories!

Here is a picture of Alyson and my nephew Ty who are only 1 day apart. Here are their stats in comparison:
Alyson > Weight: 17lbs 2oz (3rd percentile) Length: 29 inches (5oth percentile)
Ty > Weight: 23lbs 6oz Length: 30.5 inches

No comments: