
Since I use this blog as my journal this post is more for myself so I don't forget! I called Frank's insurance today to see where Alyson is at with her lifetime maximum limit. Medical costs she is at $496,467.52 and Prescription costs she is at $3119.08. Okay, okay.....if you just did the math it technically doesn't add up to $500k but I rounded up since she is only $413.40 away from that! Not too bad since that is including 2.5 months of stay in the hospital (which includes her last heart surgery stay), 3 open heart surgeries, 1 diaphragm surgery, medications, Dr's visits, etc.
We are so blessed that we both have health insurance and Alyson is double covered. I know a lot of people think we have a lot of hospital bills but I honestly think I have paid less than $500 (maybe even less than $300) on hospital bills ever since she has been born which is nothing compared to what it could be. I can honestly say I was panicking a little when we found out about Alyson's problem because of the thought of what our 20% portion would be to have to pay. Even if Alyson wasn't double covered, with Frank's insurance the maximum amount we would have to pay out a calendar year is $3000 (that's 0.6% of what she has accrued so far)...no matter how much Alyson racked up in medical costs. We are so grateful of her continued health and progress and are so thankful for her wonderful Dr's that she has to watch over her health and well-being. Our little girl is with every cent!
4 comments:
WOW thats alot! Although with all the stay and surgeries I would actually think it might be more. Thank goodness you are double covered. I'm impressed with your insurance if you only have paid that much. That's great! She is definately worth it. (Sidenote: I'm assuming thats what you meant.Your last line says "Our little girl is with every cent!" )
I am actually impressed that is all that the bills have come to. I thought for sure with all the hospital stays and heart surgeries that it would have been more. You both have been very blessed in more ways than one. I too agree that she is worth EVERY single penny.
I hear ya on that one!! she is so cute. I love this post. :) I've been wanting to do one like this forever but Logan's bills are so out of control, lol!! We don't have a clue where to begin counting. :) I'm so glad Alyson is doing so well!!! She's definitely worth it all. :)
Post a Comment