Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Fun!!!

Tonight when I got home from work Frank and I talked about spending some fun time with Olivia and taking her to the 'Pumpkin Walk'. Well wouldn't you know that it was only open for a few days and they started taking it down today...before Halloween!!! We couldn't believe it. I guess it was better that way though because Olivia was starting to be her little 2-year-old self and throwing a tantrum. We ended up coming home and carved pumpkins with her. She sure loved cerain aspects of it....she put her hand in the pumpkin to pull the gunk out we thought but actually pulled out the pumpkin seeds and ate them raw! YUCK! Olivia looked at me with a grin and said 'mmmm'. What a silly girl!!!

Quick update on Alyson - she is still doing good. She is doing good with the actual bottle feeding part but not having so much food go into her stomach all at once (since she hasn't had food in her stomach for over 2 weeks) so she gets sick. They will start bottle feeding again tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it but it sounds like she will probably be coming home this weekend. All the nurses say how good she is and just smiles a bunch!





3 comments:

Az Kelms said...

That is a shame that the pumkin walk is already over with. I remember going to that when I little! It sounds like Olivia had a good time though just getting to spend time with her parents.

RoBiN said...

Olivia is such a doll! Sorry you missed the Pumpkin Walk. You probably had more fun carving pumpkins anyway. I hope Olivia doesn't get sick from eating pumpkin seeds. he he

averpen29 said...

Olivia is beautiful! I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. I read your post on Ethan's blog and I'm sure that Alyson will do wonderfully with her Glenn. I'm so excited that she may be able to come home. You are in my prayers and will be. I'm so glad that I have another couple to go through this journey with...