Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 3 Updates

Alyson moved up to the recovery floor yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. She really is doing great...I honestly was not expecting her to be on the recovery floor so soon but she is improving with leaps and bounds. She is still taking everything by bottle with the exception of having the rest of the formula put down by NG. I talked to the nurse yesterday and they really want her to have enough fluid intake to meet her calorie needs. I was really concerned about her eating too much when she was only eating 2 ounces at a time before (and just having her formula mixed to 27 calorie) because I thought she would start to throw up again. The nurse that had her earlier that day let her drink almost 4 ounces by mouth and Alyson probably wasn't ready for such a huge amount yet so she threw up 1-2 ounces. The nurse she had last night said that she will feed her by mouth every time and just give her 2 ounces and then put the rest down by NG slowly so she doesn't throw up. This morning when I called up to the hospital she seemed to handle that really good because she didn't get sick at all. That will have to be something we will have to work with her at home for her to tolerate eating everything by mouth so her body gets used to it because she is just sucking them down!!!

Frank and I are back home now. We got back last night so Frank could go to work today. I always hate leaving here there but she is in the best hands possible and we did this for 8 weeks so its not too bad. I will get to see my cute Olivia this afternoon and spend the evening with her since we have not seen her since Monday morning. She will be going back to spend the weekend with my mom when I go back to the hospital on Saturday to be with Alyson and hopefully bring her home very soon. As it has happened in the past...something always could come up to keep her in the hospital but I will hope and pray that doesn't happen.

Thank you everyone for your love, prayers, and concern! Alyson is doing so wonderful and I know it's because of all the blessings she had and all the prayers that are going her way!!! :o)

Alyson looking at herself in the mirror!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Fun picture, I'm glad she is doing so well!

The Mann Clann said...

Thanks so much for keeping us all updated. You both inspire me! Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. My mom probably won't comment, but know that she's also following your sweet baby's progress. She's thinks you're amazing too!

Az Kelms said...

What a sweet picture of her looking in the mirrow at herself.

Mamalissa said...

She is recoverying so well. Thats is such a blessing and relief!!! Yeah!