Alyson also had a swallow study today. She is put in front of an X-ray machine and she had to drink barium to see if she was aspirating any of the liquid to rule out that being the reason she wasn't eating. Well, she passed but she was not happy at all being made to drink the barium that was 'blue raspberry' flavored. While Alyson didn't like it, I thought it was pretty interesting to watch the X-ray to see where the food went. The speech therapist is now on the track that she might have stomach issues like reflux and a new medication may need to be started so Alyson may want to eat more. This hasn't been discussed with her Dr. yet I'm sure but we'll see what happens over the next few days with this.
Alyson loves all the built in toys she has right now. I looked over at her this afternoon and she was playing with the new IV that was dangling from her foot. She also likes to play with her oxygen/feeding tubes and the monitoring wires on her chest. She's funny!!!
Alyson strapped in and ready to go for her swallow study!

4 comments:
Oh man, Alyson is a cutie! I hope that this course of antibiotics gets rid of whatever she's got! Matthew always seemed to spike fevers in the hospital. And he has always enjoyed playing with his tubeys. Yay for passing the swallow study! Go Alyson!
Bummer that she can't come home sooner but I would want it to all happen at the hospital too. Hopefully she is getting everything out now so she will be healthy and happy at home.
I just want to squeeze her (but not too tight of course). She looks so cute all buckled in her chair all ready to go. I can't believe how big she is getting. I am sorry to hear about the fever...keep me posted.
Please let me know if I can help you out in any way...
Jennie
Post a Comment